Letter: Bring Library into 21st Century
Published: Friday, Oct. 21, 2016 5:30 a.m. CDT
To the Editor:
I write this letter to ask for your support for the new library. There are several reasons for this, as our present library is too small to meet future needs.
The proposed library will provide:
• More safe study rooms for academic tutoring.
• Homeschoolers access to books, computers, wifi, and supplies not available at home.
• Media/technology creation rooms to assist students and others develop creatively.
• Community meeting rooms for various groups.
• Finally (and personally), a place for grandparents and children to share our library memories.
Paraphrasing our president: “…the moment a child crosses the library threshold, we change that life forever …”
Yes, the library is an investment. But remember what Walter Cronkite said years ago: “Whatever the cost of our libraries, that is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
As a resident of Crystal Lake, I hope you’ll join me in voting to bring our library into the 21st century.